A/R: Kumasi City Market Fire Was Not A Gas Explosion – GNFS Reacts
Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), Ashanti Region has reacted to the report that, there was a gas explosion at Kumasi City Market popularly known as Kejetia Dubai.
It was reported earlier on the news including Filasconews.com that, there was a gas explosion at the market which emanated from one of the kitchens in the market.
A trader at the market reported.
Mr. Frank Antwi, trader at the market reported on a Kumasi based Silver FM’s morning show on Monday, October 24, 2022, that, gas Cylinder has exploded in one of the Kitchens inside the market.
“A gas Cylinder has exploded at the Kumasi City Market but no one casualty was recorded. The fire personel came in early to control the fire”, Mr. Antwi said on the show monitored by this portal.
But, reacting to the news in an exclusive interview with Filasconews.com, the GNFS says it not true gas exploded in the market.
Speaking to the press, the Public Relations Officer(PRO) and the Safety Officer for the Ashanti Regional Fire Service, DOIII Peter Addai elaborated that, though there was a fire inside the market this morning but it wasn’t gas explosion.
He said it was not an intense fire outbreak.
Explaining the cause of the fire, DOIII Addai revealed that, cooking oil caught fire in the morning at the market when one of the food sellers was preparing her food.
He was quick to adding that it wasn’t a serious one and with timely intervention from the fire fighters, the fire was controlled.
“There was a fire in the market this morning but it wasn’t anything serious, our men douse it few minutes after it occured”, Peter Addai stressed.
He added that no casualty was recorded and the market is effective in it’s operationalization.