E/R: Fire Service intensify public education on Fire Outbreak

E/R: Fire Service intensify public education on Fire Outbreak

BREAKING: Suspected Thief Lynched At Moro-Market

The Eastern Regional Fire Command as part of this year’s Annual National Fire Safety week Celebration has intensified its public education campaign on fire safety and fire control awareness.

The campaign comes with a call on the general public to be conscious of fires in the country and adhere to safety protocols by the GNFS in order to save lives and properties.

In an exclusive interview with the Eastern Regional Deputy Public Relation Officer, AD02 Daniel Tetteh indicated that with the dangers fire poses, it takes a tremendous emotional effects of people and families to overcome the psychological trauma of losing wealth hence must be avoided and or prevented

The Regional PRO told Afeema FM Journalist, Kaakyire Kwasi Afari that, the celebration which comes with the theme “Safer Environment, Key to Investment”, is aimed at reminding the public on the causes of fires in the country and how they can be prevented to protect lives and properties which will go a long way to attract businesses into the country.

He said, activities for the celebration includes launching, Radio tour and quiz competition on fire safety issues between 3 selected schools, float throughout the principal streets of Koforidua, Eastern Regional capital.

Speaking to Kaakyire Kwasi Afari, the Public Relation Officer noted that a number of Ghanaians have been putting stones on their faulty gas cylinders instead of discarding them.

According to him, this can eventually cause house fires if the practice is not stopped.

Additionally, the Assistant Divisional Officer II cautioned members of the public to avoid positioning gas cylinders very close to the Coalport, they should keep it from a far end instead.

Advising the public, Mr. Tetteh urged that before one uses the gas tube and cylinder, they should do some assessments to see if there is no fault with either of them.

He again cautioned the public to stop the practice of overloading boards with many electrical appliances and make sure all electrical appliances are put off before leaving the house.

BREAKING: Chainsaw Operator Dies After Disrespecting River god(PHOTOS)

Filasco News

Filasco DeGeneral: Broadcast journalist: #0245405110# for your publications. GOD is my helper💯

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button