WCQ22: Coach Otto Addo Drops 7 Black Stars Players Who Played AFCON2021 – Check Full List
Coach Otto Addo, the acting Black Stars Coach has eliminated some seven players from the Ghana National Team who played the 2021 African Cup of Nations held in Cameroon.
The Interim Head Coach has dropped the seven players ahead of the crucial game between the Black Stars of Ghana and the Supper Eagles of Nigeria on 25th March, 2022 and 29th March, 2022 respectively to book a place in the upcoming World Cup.
According to the information picked by Coverghana.com.gh, the decision was taken to give the opportunity to some new young players to play for the Black Stars against Nigeria in the FIFA 2022 World Cup Quilifers play-off.
The sources further confirmed that, eight (8) new players were invited to join the Black Stars after the Coach dropped seven (7) players who were featured in the AFCON2021.
This is contained in a report submitted to the Management Committee by Technical Team led by Coach Otto Addo.
The players dropped by Otto Addo are;
1. The Black Stars captain, Andre Ayew. He was dropped following the red card he had during the AFCON2021 against Comoros in the final match of the group C fixtures.
2. The Black Stars midfielder Wakaso Mubarak was dropped due to injury concerns.
3. The former Dreams FC player Philemon Baffour has also been dropped due to the persistent chastising of his personality by Ghanaians for his inclusion in the Black Stars.
4. RTU midfielder David Abagna Sandan.
5. Yeni Malatyspor striker Benjamin Tetteh has been dropped following his ban by CAF after he was captured on camera for hitting a Gabonese player at the AFCON2021.
6. FC St. Gallen goalkeeper Lawrence Ati-Zigi
7. Maxwell Abbey Quaye of Great Olympics.
The Black Stars will take on the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the Cape Coast stadium on March 25, 2022 before travelling to Nigeria for the 2nd leg at the Abuja Sports stadium on Sunday, March 29, 2022.